Raise your hand if you have a pencil skirt in your closet? Just like I thought. We all do! Whether thrifted or bought brand new, it's always in style. I haven't really checked for one since I left the workplace because I didn't think they would be functional for my lifestyle. I rediscovered this pink one when I unpacked my summer wardrobe.
I stumbled upon this pencil skirt last year. I loved the high waist and amazing pink color. I bought it when I was still adjusting to life with additional inches on my waist so I was feeling a bit unsure about wearing such a form fitting skirt. When I tried it on it felt really comfortable. It's not tight. It's just close to my body. The high waist and darts help elongate my
Did I miss that person in the back who does not own a pencil skirt? Go find one at the thrift. It's worth the $3 to $4! It can be worn casual or dressed up!
- look for one with a back vent which means that it is indeed skinnier at the bottom and not a straight skirt.
- go for a fully lined skirt to smooth out
the lumpy bitsthis form fitting style.
- check the suit section, you may just luck up on a cute blazer too!
- Dress it down with sneakers and a graphic tee. A brightly colored pencil skirt works great for casual dress.
- Dress it up with a blazer or blouse. If you're self conscious of the tummy area it's ok to untuck. You're showing off some of your best "assets" anyway!
- Pencil skirts are great curvy figure enhancers.