Somebody had a late night and an early morning. I went for a mom's night out including some sweaty dance floor action! About 30 minutes worth before my feet started to burn and I got anxious about getting enough sleep. Naturally, V wakes up earlier than usual because I went to bed later than usual. My knees hurt. Here, have some fragments and a great weekend!
1. I'm wearing the same denim shirt I was wearing in the last Gimme Five and I wore it last night too. I have 2 thrifted J. Crew denim shirts but I like this one better and wear it often while the other one just hangs in the closet unloved.
2. Fashion rules to break: don't wear white after Labor Day, dark skinned women can't wear red lipstick, tall women shouldn't wear heels, don't wear mini skirts if you're of a certain age.
3. I can't seem to read an entire book from cover to cover anymore unless it's one of Violet's books. I listen to audiobooks while I'm driving and during Violet's nap. I just finished listening to Middlesex. It's a Pulitzer Prize winning novel and was an Oprah Book Club selection. I have it on my bookshelf but never got around to reading it. It's a really good book. Have you read it?
4. The Coach purse I'm carrying was sold on eBay last week. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't sell because I wanted it for myself. I bought it at the same estate sale where I bought a rare book.
5. The white jeans are Tory Burch and they are also for sale on eBay. No bids and I don't want them. Love the gold zippers in back but I'm afraid of attracting dirt!
THRIFT J. Crew denim shirt - Tory Burch white jeans - Target leopard print flats - sunglasses - Coach purse
Don't leave me hanging. Give me 5 back!